This is a short list of our most frequently asked questions regarding OnDemand recordings. For more information about Registration, or if you need support, please visit our support center.
To view a recorded training session, you must use the WebEx Player. A Player is available for the Windows and Macintosh OSX operating systems. Once you connect to the host web site it will automatically downloads the WebEx Player to your computer the first time you view a recorded event.
Pop up/ad blocking software can be integrated within the browser or be a separate application running in their system tray.
Playback window is being considered a pop up or ad window by some pop up blockers.
Recently installed pop up/ad blocking software.
- Recommend temporarily disable pop up/ad blocking software.
Common symptoms you may be experiencing:
Steaming media recording cannot be heard.
Unable to hear audio in streamed WebEx recording.
- Download and reinstall the Webex Player.
- Stream the file again.
How Do I Download the WebEx Player?
To download the WebEx Recorder and Player, available for Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, follow the steps below:
- Browse to the free WebEx player download web site http://www.webex.com/downloadplayer.html.
- Download and install the appropriate Player and Recorder for your system.
- Follow instructions on the Record and Playback page to complete the process.
Common symptoms you may be experiencing:
Unable to play streamed WRF file.
Player hangs at "Connecting."
Unable to play recorded file.
Verify that the link to the recorded file is correct:
- Right-click the link to the recorded file.
- Select Properties.
- Find the Address (URL) field and triple-click on the URL to select the value.
- Paste the URL in the address bar of the browser and remove the first half of the URL (up to "FileName=").
If the link does not prompt for download, the file may be in a location that has restricted access or the link may be incorrect. The Webmaster will need to place the WRF file in a directory that is publicly accessible or correct the error in the link. Please contact the Webmaster of the web site for further assistance.
Live Meeting Recordings
When you try to log on to a meeting in Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2005 or in Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007, you receive the following error message:
Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display.
This issue occurs if ActiveX controls are prevented from running on your computer. ActiveX controls may not run for one or both the following reasons:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer may be configured to block ActiveX controls from running.
- A firewall or a proxy server that exists between your computer and the Live Meeting conference center may be configured to block ActiveX controls.
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab, and then click Internet.
- Under Security level for this zone, click Custom Level.
- Under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, set all the following options: Option - Setting
Download signed ActiveX controls - Enable or Prompt
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins - Enable or Prompt
Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting - Enable or Prompt
- Click OK, click Yes, and then click OK.
- Click OK on the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
- Click the Use the Browser Console link to join Live Meeting.
If you still receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section after you follow these steps, it is likely that a firewall or a proxy server that exists between your computer and the Live Meeting conference center is blocking the ActiveX controls. In this scenario, request that your Information Technology (IT) department stop blocking ActiveX controls to your computer or that your IT department add *.placeware.com to the list of trusted domains in the firewall or proxy server configuration.
Note Not all Live Meeting features are available when you use the browser console to join the Live Meeting.